The free Automation update is now live! What fun improvements does that entail?
- New mechanics for workers! They’ll demand higher pay, especially if you’re raking in the cash. Don’t give them what they want and they’ll strike! Of course, you could weaken their union with your class contacts… or just intimidate them with threats of violence.
- No more mid-game tedium: assign Automation teams to each nation to launch products, push media and weaken laws automatically! Research “AI consultant” to unlock this feature.
- Victory goals: achieve general goals to unlock more authority.
- Once you’ve finished the research tree, use the “Corporate Dominion” project to dominate your company and gain endless authority.
- Custom icon support. Wanted to roleplay as a real-life company? I can’t put that icon in the game, but now you can! Or you could design your own if you’re, like, an artist or whatever.
And, of course, there are general fixes and tweaks. Patch notes for those are below.
How do I get this update? If you’ve got the game on Steam, you’ve already got it! Your game has been automatically updated. If you got it on itch.io, you’ll need to download the latest version manually (31.07.2019).
If you love this game, you can sign up for updates on this very site.
Thanks to all the fans and friends who tested this update before it went live: without your help, this wouldn’t be the same release. 🙂
- Added automation system: assign workers to nation teams to automatically launch products with best available slogans. Also pushes culture if media push is available, and weakens law if political influence available.
- Rebalanced some events.
- Corporate Dominion project: research to gain authority. Workers now have a purpose once the research tree is exhausted.
- Players can now import their own custom corporate icon.
- Added worker unrest, strikes and pay rises. You can avoid these problems by weakening union with class connections, or intimidating your workers if you’ve got the Armed taskforce agenda.
- Tweaked balance of climate crisis.
- Added victory goals: achieve them for an authority reward.
- The game checks if a board member will die before you end the turn.
- Tweaked board member ages so you need to research immortality sooner.
- The game should play a bit nicer on 3:2 resolutions (ie. the nation list in the top-right won’t interfere with the hovering nation boxes)
- Cancelling nation actions now really cancels them. @_@
- Fixed the Ayisha event chain to it can properly conclude (sorry, that achievement is now definitely possible!)
- Corpornation shares are now more expensive, but also more lucrative.
- All story events more likely to occur now, especially Ayisha’s.
- Once a crisis triggers, you’re more likely to get more crisis events instead of random, irrelevant ones.
- Players should all experience a crisis before victory.
- Crises have been balanced slightly.
- Various bug fixes.