First off, thanks for sticking with the game. Since launch in February I’ve been fixing bugs and fiddling with other projects (I needed a break from this 3-year-long marathon), and some of you have been asking about updates and DLC. Thanks for your patience while I focused on other stuff until I was ready to come back to this.
I’ve also been working on a free update for Spinnortality: Automation. My goal is to fix some balancing issues in the mid-game, and in the process add another layer of mechanical richness.
What can you expect in this update?
- Launch products, push media and change laws automatically with Automation teams!
- Watch in mild discomfort as your workers demand higher pay, slowly undermining your profitable foundation.
- Custom icon support.
- You can now commit workers to directly influencing the company, allowing you to “research” Authority.
There are other features and smaller fixes too. All told, this should be a serious improvement on the original game!
However, I don’t have any beta testers for the update so I’m not sure how balanced it is. That’s where you come in: I’ve set up a beta on Steam that you can opt into if you’ve already got the base game and you’d like to get this a little early, albeit in a rickety state. You can access it like so:
- Open your Steam library.
- Right click on Spinnortality; click “Properties”.
- Click the “betas” tab at the top of the window.
- There’s a text box that says “Enter beta access code to unlock private betas:” Write “letmeintothebeta” in there, and press “Check code”.
- You’re now opted into beta builds of the game. To go back to regular builds later, use the drop down menu where it says “select the beta you would like to opt into”.
UPDATE: If you’d rather use itch.io to get beta access, go here.
I’d love to hear your feedback: once you’ve played the update for a bit, head to our discord and post any suggestions or bug reports there. Please let me know if you think there’s something I should change or something isn’t properly balanced: I’ve tested this on my own but there’s only so much one person can do. 🙂
Expect the full update to drop around the end of July.